- New: possible to disable/enable Instant Payment Notification (IPN) listener (checkbox in PayPal Settings).
- New: possible to disable/enable the payment status display for payment history items (checkbox in PayPal Settings).
- New: [Analytics] when switching from pageviews to unique pageviews or viceversa, data is updated consequently.
- Tweak: [Analytics] data update runs only in plugin stats page (it previously ran on all admin pages to grant fast and upt-to-date data updates).
- Tweak: [Analytics] checking the session locking when updating data up to microseconds, to prevent request overlapping on very busy sites (which would result in visits doubling).
- Tweak: plugin update routine is only executed in admin pages – when needed, of course.
- Fixed: [Analytics] error ga_get_data_error with message Error: 400: Error calling GET … Invalid Date Range: end-date precedes start-date. Time zones in WordPress are tricky.
- Fixed: (possibly) error ppcp_get_remote_version_error on automatic update check, with details error name lookup timed out.
- Fixed: [Analytics] data for the day when manual data update was done would be duplicated. It is advised to update data manually again from Options > Google Analytics Status > Update data to correct any misbehaviour.
- Fixed: [Analytics] rows after the first 10k (if all in one batch) would not be pulled correctly. An error would be thrown in the manual data update, although pending rows jumped to 10k.
- Fixed: custom permalink for PayPal IPN could conflict with other plugins.
- Fixed: PHP Warning on WordPress update plugins cron job.
- Fixed: [Analytics] data could on some sites be overcounted. It is advised to update data manually again from Options > Google Analytics Status > Update data to correct any misbehaviour.
- Fixed: [Analytics] error ga_last_request_update_error.
- Change: [Analytics] update frequency has been removed, data is only update once a day (can’t be otherwise).
- Feature: award a payment bonus to specific posts by the plugin’s box in the post editing page. Comes with a checkbox in Options > Misc settings to enable it or not and with an apt permission as well. Works with negative bonus as well!
- Fixed: due payment and total payment overall stats fields would show 0.00 if the payment symbol display was set to before payment amount.
- Fixed: payment history Verified/Unverified would never be shown for author payment histories even if the transaction was made with PayPal.
- Fixed: some non-personalizable user’s settings would be kept as personalized, using the general settings that were in place when the user’s settings were first personalized. If you changed some of the general settings that cannot be personalized after you set up the users’ settings, it is possible that they are not being used for those users. The problem should have been fixed, but it would be best to delete users’ settings and set them up again.
- Tweak: if more than six authors are selected for payment, a notice shows up and only the first six are selected.
- New: German translation (Julian Beck).
- Tweak: minor performance enhancements due to post payment tooltips being generated only for detailed stats (and some unneeded globalized vars).
- Fixed: broken payment history items deletion.
- Fixed: Due Pay col is stats translation did not show up.
- Tweak: uninstall works even if Post Pay Counter is not active.
- Tweak: [Analytics] improvements in the data update feature. More than 10000 rows can be handled (hear me, big sites?), requests are batched in groups of 9000 rows. This should fix all errors related to temp files not being found, temp files not being deleted and cramming the temp folder, and, hopefully, any errors in visits counting. Also, temp files are now stored in /temp/ga.
- Fixed: [Analytics] a fatal error could be shown due to an uncaught exception (SSL error).
- Fixed: [Analytics] authorization revoking would not delete visits data since v. 1.3.4.
- Fixed: [Analytics] error ga_get_data_error with message Error: 400: Error calling GET.
- Fixed: [Analytics] first request time would never be written if the Update Analytics data feature would never be used.
- Tweak: preventing post with a due payment = 0 from displaying in the Confirm Payment page.
- New: payment history items only have the Verified/Unverified badge if the transaction was made with PayPal.
- Tweak: payment history window is taller (700px).
- Tweak: various minor performance enhancements.
- Tweak: in user profile, changed Post Pay Counter PRO stuff title with PayPal email address.
- Tweak: performance improvements in stats generation (payment histories are taken all together, not while processing each post).
- Tweak: [Analytics] 404 pages related views are directly stripped from queries, resulting in smaller data sets and the ability to handle more rows per request.
- Fixed: amounts in payment notification emails are always shown with two decimal digits.
- Fixed: when checking for updates automatically, plugin would turn PHP error displaying to true.
- Fixed: [Analytics] feature to stop visits counting after given days would not work.
- Fixed: [Analytics] preventing the error ppcp_ga_set_lock_transient_error from being logged.
- Fixed: Italian and French translations wouldn\’t show.
- Fixed: PHP generated warning in license class..
- Tweak: [Analytics] faster authorization revoking.
- New: autoupdate error logging.
- New: [Analytics] debugging mode (const PPCP_ANALYTICS_DEBUG in post-pay-counter-pro.php).
- New: [Analytics] added setup tutorial link.
- New: autoupdate check runs automatically every 6 hours in the stats page.
- Fixed: [Analytics] errors ga_read_temp_file_error and ppcp_ga_set_lock_transient_error. They did not interfere with correct Analytics data handling anyway.
- Fixed: [Options] Analytics setting Reset time limit when post is edited could not be disabled.
- Fixed: [PayPal] payments would always hang reporting that no users had been selected.
- Fixed: [PayPal] user profile would return an error on save if the PayPal email was left untouched.
- Fixed: [Analytics] when the data automatic update would run, the error ga_read_temp_file_error would be logged. It did not affect Analytics data though.
- Fixed: license class was not properly included.
- Fixed: [PayPal] permissions would not be set.
- Feature: PayPal integration. Learn more at this page.
- Feature: send email notifications after a successful payment (both PayPal and marking as paid).
- New: detailed review of marking as paid actions on another page before they are effectively done.
- New: [shortcode] attr display_timerange allows to hide stats timerange header in public stats. Use display_timerange=0.
- New: total due payment shown in overall stats (PPC >= 2.23 required).
- Fixed: marking as paid would only act on 5 posts per time.
- Fixed: [Analytics] problems with websites which had WordPress installed in a subfolder instead of in the root.
- Fixed: [Analytics] data update requests could in rare cases overlap. The lock on the temp file is now put earlier.
- Fixed: [Analytics] more error handling and proof checking for more accurate data.
- Fixed: [Analytics] visits would sometimes show huge weird numbers due to caching problems (was probably happening only on big sites which used caching plugins. If you had this problem, it is advised to update Analytics data anew from the Options page). Everything that could be done for the plugin not to have caching plugins interfering with it has been done, for a completely correct setup, see the FAQ.
- Fixed: exclusion/inclusion post from stats toggle would always appear disabled.
- Fixed: license details would not be stored if they were already in place.
- Fixed: added localization slug to some forgotten strings.
- Fixed: class URITemplateParser was liable to error of redeclaration.
- Fixed: [Analytics] last request time update would almost always throw an error.
- Fixed: [Analytics] if post time limit had been reached, visits would not be updated but the row would not be deleted from processing queue.
- New: [Analytics] each rows update is delayed by 10 seconds to avoid requests overlapping.
- Tweak: [Analytics] request temp file moved to /temp.
- New: French localization (credits: Arianna Novaro).
- New: Analytics visits data update is split in chunks, it doesn\’t get updated all at once. This is to reduce the load on the server and prevent hanging with big databases. You can choose how many rows per page load should be updated (default: 150). Rows to be updated are stored in a temporary text file, so make sure the plugin has write permissions in its own folder.
- New: Analytics update frequency can be customized (default: 12 hours).
- Feature: stop Analytics visits counting after a given number of days.
- Feature: choose currency symbol position.
- Tweak: minor improvements in Analytics data update routine for better performance.
- Tweak: if Post Pay Counter is not active an error notice is shown.
- Fixed: Analytics authorization revoking is faster, only loops through posts which do have visits to be cleared.
- Fixed: options do not get autoloaded.
- Fixed: installation may sometimes not fire correctly.
- Fixed: if Analytics setup got interrupted settings would not show properly.
- Fixed: Analytics authorization revoking would not replace box content with confirmation message.
- Fixed: scheduled events did not run properly (if you had problems with Analytics, they are probably solved now).
Post Pay Counter version 2.21 is needed.
- Fixed: Analytics data update don’t stop anymore if a problem with a post arise.
- New: Analytics errors are logged – if you had problems with Analytics, look at the new error log box in the options page.
- Fixed: last update made marking as paid show an error.
- Fixed: (should) plugin update would return an error if run from its details page.
- Fixed: Analytics daily update would not work if data had not already been pulled at least once.
- Fixed: shortcoded stats would\’n show currency symbol (but an errorif debug active).
- Fixed: non-prefixed auto update and Analytics classes liable to errors due to possible redeclaration (ie. incompatibility with other plugins which used them).
- Fixed: uninstall would not delete post exclusion post_meta when set.
- Feature: ability to exclude single posts from stats through checkbox in post editing page. Comes with a new permissionin the Options page.
- Fixed: Analytics didn’t sometimes pull stats the right way.
- Fixed: an error showed up in System Info page.
- Fixed: general settings could not be saved.
- Tweak: activation is now prevented if PPC >= 2.1 is not found.
- First release